2017 IFAMA World Conference
June 18 - 21, 2017
The following conditions must generally be met in order to be granted a visa:
- Your national passport must be valid for three months after the visa expiry date. If you do not hold a national passport, you must hold a return permit to the country that issued your travel documents. The return permit must be valid for six months after the visa expiry date. For U.S. Visa information, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html.
- You must have the necessary funds to pay for your stay and return trip. This will be determined by U.S. Department of State — Bureau of Consular Affairs and depends on the length of your stay and whether you will stay at a hotel or with friends or family.
- Normally, you must hold a travel insurance policy to cover possible expenses in connection with an early return home for health reasons, essential medical treatment or acute hospitalization during your stay. The insurance policy minimum coverage is $30,000. The insurance policy must be valid for the same period as the visa. The validity of the visa may be shortened if the insurance policy does not cover the entire period.
- There are special procedures related to the issuance of visas to foreign citizens from countries designated as State Sponsors of Terrorism, under provisions of the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Reform Act of 2002 (EBSVRA). Three countries, including Syria, Sudan and Iran, are impacted by these procedures.
These conditions apply both at the time of issuing your visa and when you enter and reside in the U.S. It is therefore important that you can document at all times that you have the necessary funds to pay for your stay and return trip and that you hold a valid travel insurance policy. If you do not meet these conditions, your visa may be confiscated and revoked, in which case you will be required to leave the U.S. immediately.
Procedure for issuing invitation letters for visa purposes
When issuing a letter of invitation for the IFAMA World Conference 2017, we will follow the procedure below:
- We will confirm the payment of your registration fee through Purdue University.
- We will check if you are an IFAMA member or if you have been accepted as a presenter in the symposium or as a roundtable participant.
- April Sauer will issue the letter of invitation.
Disclaimer: If, for any reason, your visa for the U.S. is denied, we will refund the registration fee minus a $75 cancellation fee.