National Conference for Food and Agribusiness
November 6-7, 2018
The National Conference for Food and Agribusiness brings together professionals from across the agri-food system to gain industry and business insights, network and discover solutions to today's challenges. The goal of the conference is to help agricultural and food businesses shape their organizations and customer interactions for optimal success.
The conference is held over two days. The first day is classroom and discussion, while the second day is workshops and active learning. Participants may opt to attend just day one or both days, but will ultimately gain the most benefit from attending both.
The conference will focus on the following topic areas:
More details will be available soon.
- Do relationships still matter?
- Trust in agribusiness supply chain
- E-commerce in agribusiness
- Transparency in the current market
- Negotiation strategies: Win-win bargaining
Attend several sessions, including the opening keynote, presentations, panel discussions and activities in an interactive environment. Speakers, researchers and farmer guests will provide insights and solutions for overcoming industry issues. Engage in one-on-one and small group discussions with speakers and other attendees.
Participate in hands-on professional workshops facilitated by faculty members and subject-matter experts. These interactive trainings introduce you to new concepts and strategies and encourage you to investigate and implement them. Develop specific skills and gain valuable takeaways that are immediately applicable in day-to-day business.
At this conference, you will:
- Explore current issues and challenges facing the agri-food industry.
- Discuss recent research discoveries relevant to trust and business relationships.
- Gain valuable skills and tools through interactive workshops.
- Interact with farmers, speakers, top researchers and top-tier undergraduate and graduate students.
- Network with industry peers, connect with colleagues and share best practices.
- Present your ideas and working projects to industry peers for feedback and insights.
- Expand your knowledge in a new environment with exposure to a variety of viewpoints and ideas.
Who should attend?
This conference serves a variety of roles and sectors in the food and agribusiness industries, including crop and livestock inputs, equipment manufacturers and dealers, banking institutions, food processors, universities and more.
We strongly encourage attendance in teams, as past participants have stated they see the greatest benefit when sharing the experience with colleagues. However, individuals are welcome too.