October 8-10, 2019
Creating an integrated and cohesive marketing strategy has many moving parts. How do you efficiently allocate your company's limited resources with confidence across multiple functions related to your company's marketing plan? Every marketing decision made has implications on the overall marketing strategy.
At Strategic Agri-Marketing, you will develop a more strategic approach to marketing, learn to build marketing models with measurable results, and integrate variables that meet both the marketing and financial objectives of your agribusiness.
Each content session begins with an introduction to the marketing concept. From there, participants breakout into small groups to work alongside industry peers to apply concepts learned to real-world case studies and current agricultural marketing scenarios. The session wraps up as a class discussing the groups' decisions and how they relate to making sound marketing decisions for the overall business. Case studies are provided prior to the program.
For questions or additional information, please contact us at email@example.com. If you're not sure which program is the best fit for you, let us know! We can help you decide which program will be most beneficial to your professional development needs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Explore positioning, targeting and segmentation strategies that will provide real focus to your marketing strategy.
- Understand, develop and manage brand strategies that communicate your organization's promise to deliver specific benefits or services consistently to your customers.
- Strategically manage marketing of products, product lines and services profitably through the product lifestyle.
- Design and manage marketing channels that add value to buyers and sellers.
- Learn how to address management issues in distributions systems, such as compensating and motivating channel partners, measuring performance and recognizing channel conflict.
- Measure and calculate price elasticity in developing profitable pricing strategies that capture value created by product, placement and promotion strategies.
- Explore components of an integrated communication approach and manage the promotion to mix to achieve reach and frequency goals with your target market.
Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
Learn qualitative and quantitative methods for segmenting the market and identify effective targeting and positioning strategies that provide real focus to an integrated marketing strategy.
Product Line and Brand Strategies
Explore the elements of brand including the characteristic, personas and promises that are derived from them. Additionally, structure a framework to effectively manage your company's products and product lines through their lifecycles.
Compensating and motivating channel members, measuring performance and dealing with channel conflict will be discussed with effective approaches for dealing with management issues in distribution systems. Here, we will learn how to design and manage distribution systems (marketing channels) that are cost effective and meet the needs of targeted customers.
In this session, we will dig deep into the foundations of pricing and learn how to measure and use price elasticity to develop effective pricing strategies. Participants will consider how and when to use cost-oriented, demand-oriented or competitive pricing.
An integrated communication program is essential, but how can we be sure our promotion efforts achieve goals? Learn techniques to model marketing decisions and estimate the likely outcomes of various strategies before they are implemented.
Who should attend?
Strategic Agri-Marketing is an intensive course designed for marketing managers and directors responsible for developing or implementing marketing strategies for their agricultural businesses and field team members. Some example job titles include:
- Vice President, Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Director
- Senior Product/Brand Manager