Agribusiness Marketing Level 1: Building the Foundations of Agri-Marketing
July 23-25, 2019
A gap often exists between sales and marketing. But the two are closely related and, when they work together, the company and the customer both win. After all, marketing is about far more than just advertising. It's about creating a reputable brand and a value proposition that aligns with your customers' needs.
Agribusiness Marketing Level 1: Building the Foundations of Agri-Marketing bridges the gap between sales and marketing. In this program, you will learn to think like a marketer and define your role in implementing marketing strategy—whether you're in marketing or sales. You also will learn to communicate more effectively with customers, maximize your organization's marketing strategy, work more closely with key customer segments and dealer channel partners, and be better prepared to help provide business planning and support.
Each content session begins with an introduction to the marketing concept. From there, participants breakout into small groups to work alongside industry peers to apply concepts learned to real-world case studies and current agricultural marketing scenarios. The session wraps up as a class discussing the groups' decisions and how they relate to making sound marketing decisions for the overall business. Case studies are provided prior to the program.
At this seminar, you will:
- Understand how marketing activities affect your agribusiness's bottom line and make more profitable marketing decisions.
- Interpret key financial tools and determine the level of sales where company costs will meet incoming revenue.
- Identifying and evaluating marketing opportunities using basic market potential and sales forecasting tools such as buyer surveys and concept tests to estimate product uptake.
- Develop a framework for analyzing buyer behavior leading to a better understanding of who is making purchasing decisions, their roles in the decision making process, and how decisions are being made when it comes to purchasing products or services.
- Develop effective product and service strategies by focusing on product lifecycle management.
- Consider market communication tools including advertising, sales promotion and personal selling to determine the promotional mix best for your agribusiness and marketplace.
Understand customers' buyer behavior and buying process—leading to a better understanding of who is making purchasing decisions, their roles in the decision-making process and how decisions are being made.
Evaluating Market Opportunities
Discover how to identify and evaluate market opportunities using customer segmentation and targeting. Learn how to apply market research and sales-forecasting tools to identify high-priority customers.
Learn effective product and service strategies and how they relate to managing your portfolio. Understand how to better manage products through the various stages of the product lifecycle and introduce new products and technologies.
Pricing, Distribution, Promotion
Learn to align and optimize pricing, distribution and promotion strategies:
- Capture value through effective pricing strategies.
- Deliver value throughout the distribution channel.
- Implement a market communication plan and communicate value to farmer and dealer customers.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for anyone responsible for managing and implementing sales and marketing activities at the local or regional level. Some examples of job titles are:
- Product/brand manager
- Territory sales manager
- Regional account manager
- Retail location manager
- Marketing coordinator