For International Students
International student applications must be submitted to the graduate school by May 1 of the year in which they are applying, as it may take weeks to get the application material through the Purdue and Indiana University committees.
Application material includes:
- A submitted Graduate School application
- Three submitted recommendations (one of which must be your supervisor) written in English
- A resume and a statement of purpose written in English
- Two original copies of transcripts in their original language from every educational institution attended where a bachelor's degree, master's degree or Ph.D. has been conferred, or credits have been transferred. See information below for submitting these transcripts.
- Two original copies of transcripts officially translated in English
- A Xerox copy of your diploma or diplomas in the original language. Once the applicant is accepted, the student will need to bring to the Kelley School of Business AND the Purdue University residencies their original diploma to be seen and verified by the Purdue and the Indiana University Graduate Schools
- Original copies of your diploma(s) officially translated into English
- International degree-seeking applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic scores for Purdue University Graduate School admission.
Graduate School English Language Criteria
The Graduate School Admissions office recently updated the How to Apply webpage to include more details about English proficiency waivers for applicants who have received a degree from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a recognized English speaking country.
An official transcript bears the original signature of the registrar and/or the original seal of the issuing institution. The applicant must also provide two original copies of a list of courses and their grades, if they are not included with an official transcript.
Two copies of transcripts and courses and their English translations should be mailed directly by a registrar to:
Krannert Building, Room 754L
403 W. State St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2056